Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gone Studyin'

I apologize for the lack of posts over the last month and a half.. There has certainly not been a lack of things to write about, just simply a lack of time to write it.

Work kicked into high gear about a month ago. I am part of a research team working on a project assessing community based approaches to treating high blood pressure and colon cancer among Black men. After abysmal subpar numbers for the first 9 months of the study, we came under fire from the Center for Disease Control, and have since quadrupled the frequency of our recruiting events. Needless to say, my team's workload has gone through the roof; and if it weren't for the beloved gym, my sanity would have long gone out the window.

In the midst of all this, I've been studying for the MCAT. Informally at first, but I needed to pick up the pace, so I started Kaplan last week. My test date is June 16th.

So yea, blogging has been hard. Through my efforts since February, all I have are a few half-written posts. In fact, trying to fulfill everything on my bucket list of resolutions to the capacity I wanted has been, in a word, impossible. I hate that word with a passion, but I hate stress even more.

In short, I would like to say "So long.." to anyone who has been reading. It sucks that I have to take a break right when I feel I was getting the hang of this blogging thing. But that MCAT ain't gonna take itself. Who knows, maybe I'll feel inspired to write something here and there. Until then..

You can expect a post from me June 17th.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment